Tuesday 19 May 2009

Time wasting

I waste so much time. As I write this I am playing six games of scrabble simultaneously on YOUTUBE. Mainly I am losing too, but that isn't a problem at all. It is a passtime but what on earth am i achieving? Absolutely nothing. I don't even feel that I have much to say any more and prefer to keep quiet. I force myself into writing here but most days i am struggling to say anything at all let alone anything meaningful.
It is cool and windy again so I can blame the weather for not getting out more, and yes i know that it is a feeble excuse. The builders have evaporated again. They came and made a lot of noise and mess and now that the concrete is down they have cleared off and goodness knows when they will return. Making coffee for them was a way of punctuating my days, so i quite look forward to their eventual return.
I have an appointment at the allergy clinic this afternoon. An emergency appointment made around three months ago. i have no doubt that it will again be a waste of time, the usual skin tests and the same result. It shows a very small reaction to house dust and that is all. The outbreaks that i am prone to seem to have no cause and there is no pattern that I can identify. My time will again be wasted but then i would have wasted it anyway!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What exactly is being built?

Paul said...

Having the conservatory replaced with a larger one. The space looks a bit like the Somme minus the blood and bodies, but am getting used to it!