Sunday 28 March 2010

Seasons


Having spent a few days meeting and getting to know Oscar has been wonderful. I have never really been one for other people's babies but I must say that seeing him was something very special.
Returning home was difficult but necessary, and his arrival has been made more poignant by the news of my Mother's death. She died last night, taken finally by pneumonia after a long struggle with emphysema, the price of a lifetime of smoking. I don't feel sadness, just a sense of relief as her suffering has been long and terrible. If there is a sadness, then it is that she didn't get to meet Oscar, though she did live long enough to be aware of his birth, and to know that she has become a great grandmother even if she could never enjoy that. I guess that now I am an orphan - Goodbye Mum - be at peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that your mum passed away. Even if she was seriously ill, losing a mother is always terrible and puts an end to a period in our lives. I hope the arrival of Oscar has given you comfort and joy and this cute little baby will give you and your entire family many wonderful moments.My thoughts go out to you.
Take care and do not forget..spring is here and will be always with you:) XXX Lilly

Paul said...

Thankyou Lilly I appreciate your kindness. xx

Paul said...

Thankyou Lilly I appreciate your kindness. xx