Thursday 19 April 2012

Aid?

I am bloody cold. We are having the central heating boiler replaced and it is a three day job so we have no  heat at all.  As is often the case the job has turned out to be fraught with problems and the one that they are struggling with as I shiver and type, is how to get the gas supply to the boiler. I suggested a wireless link but unfortunately for some reason that won't work. I am told that by the end of the day we should be up and running though. Hmmmmm we'll see on that one. In the meantime my core temperature is dropping and I am not a happy chappie.
It does make me wonder why some people become polar explorers or mountaineers, putting their lives at risk in freezing conditions and for what? To go to places that so many have been before, just to say that they did it too? It might make some sense if they were to venture into new territories but apparently places like Everest are becoming pretty crowded and there is a waiting list to go up. Pretty soon McDonalds will be opening a branch up there.
Talking of Everest, I see that India has launched a test ICBM in order to flex their muscles at the Chinese and other Asian neighbours. Now that strikes me as expensive posturing and almost as pointless as climbing Everest. What is more, India is the biggest single recipient of foreign aid from the UK. That means that we, whilst struggling in economic adversity, are paying India to niggle the Chinese. One can only hope that the Chinese don't know that we are footing the bill. How embarrassing it would be if they knew that we were so stupid.
Anyhow, venting my spleen is not helping my thermoregulation as I hoped it might. Maybe I'll walk around a bit or even try a press up. It's either that or set fire to something and that might be seen as inflammatory.

3 comments:

2catsP said...

you could always go out and kill a couple of fur animals... the russians have a nice line in hats..
or.. how about a barbecue? nice and warming.. and fodder!

lol

Paul said...

All is now fixed and heat is flowing like the economy isn't. Thanks so much for your helpful suggestions. :-)

2catsP said...

What can i say, helpfulness itself... :)