Wednesday 13 June 2007

Haikuless

It's wednesday again and I seem to have achieved very little this week. OK I finished some fitting jobs in the kitchen but that is not particularly satisfying, and neither are the normal maintenance jobs in house and garden. I have started the design work for the hotel but I am finding it hard to raise much enthusiasm for it. I went to a meeting with the owners the other day and was given a free meal for my efforts. While I was there, I took some more photographs for the brochure and even a little video to put onto a DVD. We chatted a while and I got some feeling for what was required and set some short term and long term objectives. Then the meal. I designed the menu for the restaurant so knew it pretty well. The Crevettes were wonderful, but not really what I would call a main course. The sweet course was a disaster. Clearly the chocolate/brandy whatever had been made as a batch and kept in the fridge - too long. I took a spoonful and found that there were a whole variety of fungi growing between the dish and the dessert. Now I had a dilemma! I wasn't paying for the meal so what should I do? I had no further appetite for chocolate pudding and so quietly pointed the wildlife out to the waitress before leaving. These things do keep happening to me!

Anyway I suppose that I can keep plodding on with the brochure; at least it will keep me out of trouble, though there is little danger of finding any these days as I don't seem to meet people anymore. I still haven't seen a single neighbour since we moved into coffin dodger land. Maybe they all come out at night to feed.

I miss having someone to write to and someone to share my thoughts and feelings. That has been replaced by the daily blog and although it is ueful for me in a cathartic sort of way, it is very one sided and unsatisfying.

There is no point in going on with this diatribe. Clearly I have very little to say today. There was nothing in the news that grabbed my attention and, as yet, no inspiration for a haiku. Maybe I'll continue with the life story later.

If anyone is reading this - may your day be better than mine.

No comments: