Friday 1 June 2007

Oh Deer

I feel the need to draw to your attention the fact that Frederickton, my Mother's birthplace, is in the news today. As ususal, Canadian headline writers, desperate for news of interest, report the invasion of a local government office by a deer. The deer wandered into the office building, damaged a few articles on a clerks desk and wandered out again, never to be seen apart from the CCTV footage.

Now forgive me if that seems a trifle dull, but any reference to Canada in the news is noteworthy, as like hens teeth, they are rare. Having read this one, you can see why.

The sun has broken out this morning, and I found a slow worm in my compost heap. There - a story to equal the Canadian Deer, but of course, just like the New Brunswick tale, no-one at all would be interested.

May all you Canadians continue to live in uninteresting times.

No comments: