Wednesday 20 August 2008

Sod's law

My understanding of Sod's law, is that if anything can go wrong, then it will. There are many variations on this of course, one of them being that if you drop a piece of buttered toast then it will always land butter side down.

Yesterday I had a CT scan. An interesting experience andI have to say that our health service is a wonderful institution. My appointment was at 1.30m and i was seen as soon as I arrived. The women in charge were courteous and kind and made me feel very relaxed.

As I lay on the conveyor belt, everything that I needed to know was explained and all I had to do was lie still, while the wonders of modern technology whirled around me. It was rather like a giant, soap and water free washing machine, all controlled by the appropriate program, and as it whirled, I slid in and out of the aperture, like a hollywood cliché. Then i got an itch on my nose! It is almost impossible to stay still when you have an itch, and that is all I had to do - just stay still. In and out i went like a slow moving piston; round and round the scanner went, and the itch got worse and worse. Never have I lost interest in technology so swiftly, as all I could perceive was the itch which by now had grown out of all proportion in its significance.

Then the whirring stopped, I was withdrawn from the cavity and it was all over. I sat up and of course the itch had run its course too.

Now i have to wait a week or so for the results!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Evrything will be alright. XXX Lilly