Wednesday 24 February 2010

On the fringe

Schools are being told that it may be illegal to enforce the wearing of skirts by girls on the grounds that it may discriminate against transexuals. Do the people that make these decisions believe that transexuals are not going to be discriminated against for other reasons? We are all subject to discrimination and have to learn to live with it. People are people and all have their prejudices. I confess to being prejudiced against those with extreme right wing views and those at the other end of the spectrum. I am prejudiced against those who worship stupidity and see it as a badge of honour, and those who put religions in front of their regard for fellow human beings.
I am discriminated against all of the time, on the basis of my age, my gender and probably the way that I dress and the opinions that I hold. It is all part of living in a society, or in my case on the fringe of society.
I was wondering how far t his PC madness can go, perhaps the following could become illegal in the future

Taking driving licences away from blind people or alcoholics.
Locking prisoners in their cells without a bedtime story.
Giving kids homework
Not giving unemployment benefit to those in work.
Speeding fines
Maths tests
The list is endless - unless we wake up and realise that all of this is just a terrible dream!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cats4P said...

perhaps this anon. person should be disbarred from writing his/her comments... on the basis that i dont love shoes all that much, and he/she is infringing on my rights by shoving this down my throat...
grinning quite broadly, and fully aware that the response i am responding to is not a true comment about the transsexual issue- though i am told transsexuals like shoes- i have little to say...apart from agreeing with you totally!

Anonymous said...

i have also decided that my comment above should be anon. too..
so will not sign it..(grins)

Paul said...

I do object to these people who, without so much as a by your leave, use this organ as a means of reaching billions of people in order to advertise their dubious wares.