Tuesday 11 September 2007

An explanation but not an excuse

I am aware that when one writes, there is a risk involved. Probably many risks, but one that springs to mind, is that it is easy to offend others. I am no Jeremy Clarkson, who seems to make a living out of being obnoxious, but I guess that inadvertently I may have said things that others find innappropriate or hurtful. I have no wish to effect anyone in a negative sense and do not set out with malicious intent.

When I write, it is simply a stream of consciousness, brought on by whatever I have absorbed in the recent past. Sometimes I'll begin, knowing something of what i am about to say, but often it is just what comes into my head there and then.

I have had a good morning, after a not so good start. and with a haircut to look forward to, today looks like being ok. I saw my first student of the year today and she is a delight, so that was a good restart to the day. I enjoy the challenge of teaching, and still find my subject to be fascinating. As with most things, I find that the more I know, the more I know how little i know, and that is always humbling.

I have in front of me a pile of plant bits and pieces, the residue of our lesson and it feels good to be able to share knowledge with another human being.

No comments: