Wednesday 28 May 2008

Another rainy day

It is raining again and i am waiting for a student to arrive. This is the last week for them as their exams begin in earnest next week and I will miss them. I will miss them for a number of reasons, but mainly because they are young and they remind me of times when I felt worthwhile and had a useful role in the world. Nowadays I am to all intents and purposes rudderless and adrift with no aims, ambitions and aspirations. That is not to say that I am miserable; I am not, and there are a number of things in life that I look forward to and some things even make me smile now and then.

Having no students will leave a big hole in my week however, and I will have to find something to take their place. Ok i can blog more often, but then I need to have things to talk about. I cannot forever ramble on about my feelings, after all, who cares about those?

I have put in an application to become a volunteer photographer for the National Trust. Whether my efforts will be considered good enough is another matter, but if i am successful, it will get me out and about and will give me free access to Trust Properties all over Britain. All I need now is a free bus pass and the world is my oyster, or at least part of it will be.

So anyway, today i am filling in time, and have nothing controversial to say. It has been good to get a response from Canada, especially as I was quite nice to them. So far my dig at the Kiwis has not produced a response, but then, it is unlikely that any New Zealanders will have read my blog. Readership is very limited and i have only given direct access to people I know and trust.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to be your student in summer too:)A rainy day is always followed by a sunny one:)

Lilly

Anonymous said...

The day is cold, and dark, and dreary;
It rains, and the wind is never weary;
The vine still clings to the moldering wall,
But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
And the day is dark and dreary.

My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
It rains, and the wind is never weary;
My thoughts still cling to the moldering past,
But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast
And the days are dark and dreary.

Be still, sad heart! and cease repining;
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining?
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
Into each life some rain must fall,
Some days must be dark and dreary.