Monday 19 May 2008

blank

For a while now I have been feeling low. Not actually in a black hole but sort of detached from the world and in a little microcosm of my own. I find that it is a safe place to be and although it is not exciting, I keep coming back and have to force myself to leave.

I have been making a conscious effort of late to leave the past behind me and try to live for the present. I don't look to the future much either, as that way lies disappointment.

I was reading about the art of predicting the other day. Predictions are so hard to make much of the time, because nothing exists in isolation, everything is connected and so dependent upon an almost incalculable number of variables. We try to predict all sorts of things, and our efforts are based on observations or maybe just whims of faith. Mostly though we base predictions on extrapolations of known behaviours and sometimes we get things right, and of course we also get things wrong too. I have got all sorts wrong in my life and no doubt will continue so to do.

I predict that i will soon emerge from this slump and will begin to write again. I hope so, I miss it like so many good things.

No comments: