Wednesday 25 February 2009

Back again

Well i seem to have weathered another storm and am more or less back to normal. It seems a long time since i wrote anything at all, and now I am able again, I wonder what i can write about?
The first signs of spring are here. I have just returned from a hospital appointment and the council are digging up the roads. This means huge tailbacks of traffic on a more or less daily basis and no doubt this will continue through until next winter now. I know that there are sound technological reasons for doing road work in the spring and summer, but it does seem stupid to make sure that a road repair causes the maximum amount of inconvenience. I imagine bored clerks in the planning offices, playing games and scoring points for the length of traffic queues that they can generate. I believe that this has the makings of a board game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back and glad you are feeling better.

Paul said...

Thank you. I will try to write more frequently.