Wednesday 10 June 2009

Randomness

It has been so nice to receive a flurry of comments this week, not to mention the clicking that has been going on. For the readership and the dedicated pursuit of the adverts/commercials, I thank you. I am sorry that there has been so little change in the last week but i seem unable to sway things. Maybe a list of arbitrary key words might work - bear with me a moment while i digress - Elephants, microsopes, orgasms, xenophobia, heamophilia, leopardskin, strippers, strip scrabble, sawdust, oilpainting, Canadian flag, Italy in the spring, France in the summer, America in the winter, randomness, Richard Dawkins, The wire, Lost, Beer, more beer, Gin and tonic in plastic glasses. There that should get some results. Do not look too closely at the list, I am sure that a psychologist might come up with some interesting results for me but frankly I don't want to know.

It has been a strange few days in many respects. Sobering in that the National Front has won two seats in the European parliament - I told you so! - and I have been suffering from nasty dizzy spells, so much so that I went to bed at six last night, unable to do anything else. Today it is less dramatic but still i feel slightly drunk without the other benefits.

The base of the conservatory is done and the surveyor has been for the final measurements and hopefully all will be done by mid july. It will be nice to have a dining room again.

I just spent a pleasant morning talking to a friend. She is nervous about having to do a presentation to a group of people tomorrow and we were talking about strategies for dealing with that. It struck me that for many people, doing such things are very difficult, while some of us made a living out of it. It reminded me how much I miss performing, and yes that is what teaching is by and large. Performance and bluff can carry one through and I recall some of my best lessons were those for which I had not prepared. Flying by the skin of one's teeth can be very stimulating and adrenaline producing, though I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has an ofsted inspection due. I know that i could join an Am Dram group but I have done that before and couldn't stand the politics and backbiting that goes on.

So for now my sole voice, my only outlet for expression remains here, and i thank anyone who takes the time and trouble to read my drivel. I will be away for the next few days and will of course be unable to write. Hopefully when i return, it will be in an inspired state and perhaps i can come up with something of more interest. I am bound to have done something stupid by then!

Keep clicking please..................

No comments: