Tuesday 8 January 2013

Here we go again

Another year and as yet nothing to write about. I suppose that in the scheme of things, that last year was an eventful one and i hope that 2013 will be somewhat less so.
Life in Kent seems to have settled into some sort of pattern and I am enjoying regular contact with the grandchildren. It is alarming that in a couple of months, Oscar will be going to school. It will only be on a part time basis, but even so it will be a major step for him and his parents.  He is growing up so very quickly and continues to make me laugh. Only the other day, we were walking in the woods and he stood to attention, saluted and said "Yes Sir Grandad". I suppose that he picked it up from Toy Story, which seems to be one of his obsessions, along with diggers, dinosaurs and space rockets.
Matilda is 6 weeks old and has little conversation, but very expressive eyes. She is an unknown quantity as yet but a very placid and co-operative young lady so far.
I'd like to make some resolutions for the new year but I won't, largely because I never really keep them and don't see the point.  There are many ways in which I could improve myself but that would require some sort of motivation, and that is sadly lacking.
Even vowing to write more regularly would be futile; I write only when the mood takes me, and even then it is getting harder and harder to find things to write about.  Oh I can rant about all sorts of things, but nobody is interested in my opinions, quite understandably, and no doubt there will be a rant from time to time.
I will wish anyone who reads this a happy new year, even if it is late in coming.

No comments: