Monday 1 January 2018

January 1st 2018

Not being one for resolutions that I would never keep. I did decide to try to write more this year. Even without readership, writing has become, in recent years, one of the things that I can still attempt, and though I may not be particularly good at it, it gives me pleasure and satisfaction.

I admire good writers, and by good I mean those who can capture the imagination of the reader, or those who are able to make others think. To write for a living could be wonderful, or of course it could be very stressful.  Writers block is a very real problem for anyone who likes to write or has to write, and although my writing has no value or importance to anyone else, I still like to reach out in some way to a part of myself, a part of me that was dormant for most of my life.

So anyway, I am determined to write more. Part of me would like to write each day as a sort of diary, but that is unlikely. Most days I would have nothing to write about, even though I may have a lot to say, and I am done ranting. It is a truth that no-one else cares about what we think, so self expression is really a waste of time.

Today is the first day of the year and many people will have been celebrating last night and will today be suffering the consequence of overindulgence. Some of us have done that enough times to learn that it isn't worth it, so a shared bottle of wine was as far as we went. So we started the day with clear heads and without upset digestive systems.

Having washed the car in the rain, the rest of the day is free to fritter away as it is for most people before they go back to work tomorrow.  I wish them all well and a Happy New Year to everyone.




No comments: