Monday 2 July 2007

monday and no rain yet

A good weekend despite the continuing wet weather. Visiting family is always unpredictable, but on this occasion, things went well and some bridges were built and there was no friction. It's also nice to spend time with friends and so the weekend was a pleasure. I did drive quite a lot of the journey so I hope that I didn't trigger any of the multitude of speed cameras that blight the landscape.

So it is monday again and back to normality. Having said that, the week looks like being a busy one and we are away again next weekend, seeing more family and then the Genesis concert at Twickenham - still wondering how to get back from that one!

Another blight this weekend was the news of the car bombs. This is always worrisome but more so when your kids live and work in the capital. I could go into a rant at this point but I won't. I don't think i have the energy and besides, what is the point. I shall no doubt launch into an anti religious tirade at some point anyway.

So that is it for this morning anyway. I need to go out for some exercise in order to counteract some of the excesses of the weekend and also I note that there is no bread in the house. I'll get my chores done and maybe try to write again later.

No comments: