Monday 26 November 2007

42

My life is pretty uninteresting on the whole. I guess most people think the same thing and our own existence seems trivial alongside those of people that we know.

I have spent a significant part of this morning sanding down walls in the hallway in preparation for painting. Needless to say that decorating wasn't my idea - it rarely is these days. Oh I know it will be ok when it is done but I just find it hard to muster enthusiasm. Now i am covered in dust and so is the rest of the house no doubt. My lungs feel a little clogged and goodness knows what i have been inhaling.

While i am doing this job, I don't much feel inclined to start anything else and I am beginning to seriously doubt my ability to focus on anything much. Even this normally meaningless drivel seems more so than usual.

Some days i yearn for something out of the ordinary to happen, but I am always reminded of the Chinese curse - "May you live in interesting times" I guess that I have nothing to complain about anyway. Guess I'll continue to live in my head.

No comments: