Wednesday 5 March 2008

Balls

I just got back from the golf course. Nothing much worth writing about as far as the game is concerned, however, while walking down the first fairway i was verbally abused and stoned by some of the lowlife that infests the high school that borders the course. Now i don't know who these spotty little oiks are and what is more i don't really want to know, but they also do not know me, so what i was wondering, possessed them to yell "Oy Wanker". I mean it is rather a strange thing to call a complete stranger, especially if you know nothing of their personal habits. As for the stones that followed, I can only assume that was my reward for ignoring their endearing calls.

I was tempted to remonstrate with them, but it seemed rather a waste of time. To reason with kids like that is like trying to discuss Plato with Earthworms, and to threaten them is usually a way of making more trouble for yourself, so like most people these days, I let them get away with it and now i feel that maybe it was the wrong thing to do.

We adults, and I count myself as an honorary member on the grounds of age, do have a responsibility to the younger generation and it has become the norm to imagine that it is someone else's job and not ours. I know it is risky and there is always the chance of getting beaten up, but if these morons are allowed free reign and can recognise no boundaries, where are they heading? I don't want to see a world where anarchy is the norm, after all, who would look after the golf courses?

1 comment:

presidentofmyfanclub said...

(standing on my chair)....I raise my hand in salute...and solemnly, with such devotion, say "Captain..my Captain", "He who turns away today,can turn away another day" :-)(dont worry, Karma will find them-I know her personally-she's vicepresident)sitting here with me now, she is laughing (bangs head on desk)as we plot revenge on those youth meanwhile I am ROFL.

-Guardian