Wednesday 26 March 2008

Opining

I have never felt that my opinions count for much and maybe that is why I have no problem with expressing them. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter what I think about anything, except of course to me. My opinions matter to me a great deal, otherwise there would be little point in having them. I know that I have a contrary nature and am not easily swayed by the opinions of others, in fact if someone has a strong opinion on an issue, I am likely to take an opposing standpoint just for the hell of it.

Some of my opinions I always keep to myself, on the grounds that some things are best left unsaid and I do try hard not to let things slip out. The only time that I am likely to let loose of my feelings is when I drink too much. As they say - In Vino Veritas.

Today nothing has really pulled my chain and I feel rather flat and uninspired. I could choose a subject at random I guess but honestly i can't be bothered. I have days like this when my mind is occupied by a large black mist that seem to permeate through my entire consciousness. It won't last, they seldom do these days, but while it lies there I have little creativity. To do anything really requires an effort and I am not prepared to do that.

I wonder what is the trigger? Today is like any other really and it is raining yet again. I am not unhappy, that is a thing of the past. I long ago ceased to have expectations of other people and as a result I am never disappointed by them. Hence my life coninues on a level plain by and large.

I think that as I get older, it becomes harder to find stimulation of any sort. New experiences are few and far between and new people are not likely to come into my life. I look around at people not too much older than myself and they seem to have given up on life and i am not ready for that yet. I can see how it happens though and that can be a scary thought.

I was hoping to come up with something really controversial today but I can't seem to raise the energy somehow. maybe tomorrow i will be more successful.

Oh while I am here, allow me to give Holly a Plug. If you haven't heard her sing then please do - She is a wonderful girl with a huge future in front of her. I am honoured to know her and to have watched her career germinate.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b29l6W0YsO4#GU5U2spHI_4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I empathise with your "black mist Wednesday". I too felt exactly the same yesterday - feelings of a dark and brooding anger which affected those unfortunate enough to be around me. Maybe something in the ether! How else to explain? Today is better I hope?