Thursday 6 March 2008

blood

It's thursday and it feels like the end of a busy week. It has been a pretty good one as weeks go, with number one son being in residence and having him to play with. It's a golden opportunity to get out on the golf course and to play silly computer games. I always get beaten to the point of humiliation but it doesn't matter at all.

This morning we completed the removal of a large MImosa tree from the front garden and my fingers are scarred and bleeding. I was never very adept with a bowsaw, but the job is done and the poor diseased tree has been reduced to mulch by the mother of garden shredders.

So, what is in the news today? Bill gates has been relegated to being the second richest man. I wonder if that bothers him as much as it bothers me? Poor Bill only managed to gather 2 billion last year and is now only worth 58 billion. I do feel for him, I mean, what does he ever worry about?

Well clearly I have very little worth saying today - life is like that, sometimes we set out to be profound and interesting, and then fail at the first hurdle. I'll try again later maybe, when my mind has shifted from my bleeding fingers and the pain subsides, maybe I will be better able to focus.

So nice to see a new reader has appeared - i hope that I don't disappoint you. I will try harder honestly.

ps. I hope my Hungarian reader feels better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, for one dreadful moment there I thought this had disappeared! The wonders of modern technology, eh?
Be assured you have many readers here, old and new, who look forward to the next installment of your story.
Never underestimate the power of the written word of your ultimate command of it!

(O:

Take the Life that you have and give it your best...
Think positive, be happy let fate do the rest...
Take the challenges that life has laid at your feet...
Take pride and be thankful for each one you meet...
To yourself give forgiveness if you stumble and fall...
Take each day that is dealt you and give it your all...
Take the love that you're given and return it with care...
Have faith that when needed it will always be there...
Take time to find the beauty in the things that you see...
Take life's simple pleasures let them set your heart free...
The idea here is simply to even the score...
As you are met and faced with Life's Tug of War

:O)