Friday 11 July 2008

They

"They" are amazingly powerful people, and I don't even know who they are. I have searched high and low all of my life and have never yet met one of them. They are the ones that predict the outcomes of our actions and our decisions, they are the ones whose voices are so often heard while others are not, they are responsible for many of the big decisions that we make in life.

I wonder why we are so subject to their views and why they are so universally accepted as being the final word on things? It seems that few of us make decisions unless "they" are consulted. I mean this evening I am going out. They say it is going to rain, so I will wear a raincoat! See what i mean? I believe them and yet there is no reason why I should. What makes their word any different in value to mine? Ok I say that it isn't going to rain! No one listens, and no-one would believe me if "They" say the opposite.

There have been times in my life when decisions that have had huge impact on me, have been made on the basis of what "they" say or think, and i really would like to meet them and punch them on the nose. Actually I wouldn't as i don't do that sort of thing. I have never intentionally punched anyone anywhere let alone on the nose. I would like to give "them" a pice of my mind however and maybe suggest that they keep their opinions to themselves.

I wonder if they operate outside this country? Do the Chinese have a "They"? and if they do, what are they saying about the forthcoming olympic games? They say that a third of the population is Chinese and I reckon that means that they can say and do pretty much what they want!

No comments: