Tuesday 15 July 2008

Tuesday afternoon


Nothing to say and here I am saying it! Tuesday afternoon always link to the song by the Moody Blues. I had a friend who had that album when it first came out and it was the only one that he played, probably because it was the only one he had. Sharing a room with an album can have long lasting effects and one might think that I'd hate it, but no, Days of Future Passed with all the cliché, bad poetry and lack of real meaning, remains as one of my favourite albums of all time. Some days i try to compile lists of favourites and yes dear reader, today is no exception. I am mind numbingly bored today and am finding ways to fill in time so here goes - today, at this moment in time, these are my favourite albums.

The division bell - Pink Floyd
Led Zepplin 2 - Led Zepplin
Days of future passed - Moody Blues
What we did on our holidays - fairport Convention
Bookends - Simon and Garfunkel
Surfs up-Beach Boys
Abbey Road - Beatles
Raising Sand-Robert Plant/Alison Krauss
The Mask and the Mirror- Loreena McKennitt
Greatest Hits- Leonard Cohen

Tomorrow I may change my mind but those are pretty much always with me in my heart and in my head, some for very good reason and others not.

No comments: