Tuesday 2 September 2008

September

It seems like september in all senses. The weather, well, what can you say that hasn't already been said? Summer has gone un-noticed and now we slip downwards to the dreaded winter, and there is no going back.

I thought I had an appointment to see the surgeon today but it seems i got it wrong again. My appointment is next week so I will put that away again, and think about the present. I feel listless today, and am distinctly lacking in direction. I have no projects on the go and as term hasn't started, no students either. I find myself inventing tasks and even doing things that don't need doing just to fill my days.

I have found an Open University course on Writing Fiction and attempted to register online this morning. It wouldn't let me on the grounds that my details are a close match to other details on their database. Well it is hardly surprising as i am a returning student! Dammit, that means i have to print out and fill in an application form and put it in the post! Writing by hand is almost a forgotten skill - like so many things that I used to be able to do, it is vanishing into the fog of the autumnal years.

I have found a pen however and must do something about this today! If I leave it any longer i know what will happen, i will forget it and that would be a shame. Who knows, I may find it in me to write something worthwhile one day.

My friend Holly has been very productive recently and has added two more songs to her ever growing catalogue. She never ceases to amaze me in terms of her abilities and I just hope that she gets the breaks that she deserves. This is a link to her latest offering!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrCcqI12Qhs&feature=email

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything you write is worthwhile!
:-)
As for writing by hand, I really love that still. Pen on paper is, for me, a part of the creative process; indeed I did a whole NVQ using pen and paper quite recently. I did have the good sense to scan the whole thing however.
Looking forward to reading your first best seller...
:-)

Anonymous said...

As do I. :-)

Paul said...

In that case I had better start! :-)

Anonymous said...

Many times you have written things which are worthwhile.

Anonymous said...

Many times you have written things which are worthwhile.

Paul said...

Thank you for the compliment. I appreciate all comments but nice ones are always more pleasant.