Sunday 16 November 2008

Sunday - I made it!

Well here we are - a complete week of entries. I didn't think I had it in me!
It has been a very busy week and there have been things that i have meant to do but somehow not got around to. I haven't even managed to tidy my desk, but that can wait until the morning, as can a shave and shower.

I actually managed to write a chapter of a novel that has been fermenting in my mind for so long, it must be getting toxic. The only trouble is i don't really know where it is heading. i guess when i get back i can start chapter 2 and then see where i end up. It is strange how, as a boy I hated writing, and now i can't seem to get enough time to write all the thoughts that cascade through me. i want to write and of course i want to be read. There is a vanity there i guess, but I am beginning to think that I can write in a way that others might actually want to read.

There is a downside to all this fervent activity. I seem to have lost time to read, and although i have five books on the go, I seem to lose focus on reading very quickly as new thoughts enter my head and I then need to write them down. All this takes time and I just don't seem to have enough of it.

I have wanted to write about the American election and the blame culture that is now crucifying Sarah Palin but somehow my heart isn't in it. I hate to kick someone who is down.

Anyhow, off to hospital tomorrow, i have to check in at 10.30 and then, if I haven't absconded in my backless gown, I am being done in the afternoon. No doubt there will be no sense from me tomorrow (no change there I hear you say) but I hope to be back on tuesday and will post a bulletin as soon as I am able. Be kind to yourself and be happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

See you soon!
You will soon be back and tomorrow will be a distant memory.
Everyone is thinking of you and wishing you well.
Take care of you, that is the most important thing.
And keep thinking of chapter 2...
:-)

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing from/seeing you again soon. :-)
Good luck - we'll all be thinking of you. :-)
Take care,
Hollyxxx

Anonymous said...

I will be waiting for your return.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing from you again soon. Fingers crossed for you. Be positive. XXX Lilly