Thursday 29 January 2009

Damn and blast it!

I have to admit to being disappointed. I have been wasting vast amounts of life on the web recently as readers will be aware. One of the areas of interest that I signed up to on "stumbledupon" is atheism. Ok i always knew that I wasn't alone in my feelings regarding religion, but I know very few people that are as utterly convinced as I am. However, the web is awash with atheistic sites and it has become very clear to me that I need to add atheism to my list of despised religions. I know that most of the sites are of an American origin but, even so the degree of fanaticism is quite scary. Atheism has become a cult and like all cults, it is likely to be taken over by zealots and organised into a movement. Where does that leave me? Damn it, I will have to think again. I cannot associate myself with any movement that has anything to do with theism, and now that the non believers have their own religion i am stumped. Maybe I can just become a Dontgiveashit! It is getting to be very difficult to be an individual.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Human beings are social creatures and it is their nature to 'organize' themselves around something with like-minded others. By not joining a group, you are asserting your individuality...even if you share some common thoughts and beliefs.

Paul said...

In the words of Groucho Marx, I'd never want to join a group that would have me as a member! Thanks for your comment - always welcome.