Tuesday 13 January 2009

Pigeons

Feeling somewhat better today. At least i am vertical and functioning on some sort of level. I get colds so very rarely so I am easily laid low by one when it does come along. However hopefully i can put it behind me for a while at least.
I have been watching the pigeons that wait for me to fill the bird food container every morning and they are getting to be very fat. I suppose it is no surprise given the amount of feed that they are getting through. Well they are birds and therefore just as deserving as any of the others I guess, despite their lack of charm, subtlety and grace. They are rather like natural hoovers, and once they appear, the food is gone and so are the other birds. I find myself thinking of ways to offset their advantage of size in order to give the rest a chance, and, in these difficult times I find myself wondering what they taste like.

No comments: