Saturday 25 April 2009

Full English

Went cycling this morning and did something that i haven't done in a long time. I stopped at a cafe and had a full English breakfast of toast, fried bread, two eggs, sausages, bacon and tomatoes, with a steaming mug of black coffee. The place was filled with holiday makers, who, until recently i would have described as elderly. Complementary newspapers were all "The Sun" and i confess that i did scour a copy of that pitifully foul publication, just to remind myself as to how bad it really is. The breakfast was actually very nice, even if it was artery clogging and adipose stimulating, and the premises a reminder of my roots.
Now i feel too full to move and so the rest of the day will probably be squandered; we must pay for our pleasures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something I do regularly.
Can't beat a bit of saturated fat.
:-)

Anonymous said...

What, no black pudding? I remember it well.

Paul said...

Well they do a bigger breakfast that includes black pudding and hash browns and beans and more, but as they certificate anyone who finishes it, I considered it a challenge too far!