Tuesday 17 March 2009

Birthdays

I once made the mistake of designing and producing some personalised birthday cards. Being something of a novelty, they were well received, and so I continued the process. Now everyone expects a personal touch each and every birthday. This presents all sorts of issues to me. Whenever i see a friend or family member i become preoccupied by the collection of photographs that can be used in future cards. I don't much mind doing them but sometimes it does become a chore as each one needs to be original and if possible, funny. When there is someone who's sense of humour is different or challenging, that poses other problems as the images and text must be chosen so as not to upset them or worse.
I am very bad at dates, and there are a few people, whose birthdays stick in my mind, but the majority, like most dates, simply pass me by and so often, a clump of birthdays will come along and I am reminded that i have to produce a whole batch of cards all at once. This is such a week and i feel a little inundated with the demand. Each card can take me hours to produce, and so if you ever get one from me, spare a thought for the blood sweat and tears that went into making it. having said that, it is unlikely that you will unless you remind me that it is your birthday. I am sure that there is one in March that I ought to remember.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes......
There is!
;-)

Paul said...

Can you remind me?
Please :-)