Monday 16 March 2009

Rambling on

It is a lovely day today, and I am listening to the Incredible String Band while sitting next to an open window. Many days, like today, I have no ideas in my head at all and write what comes into my mind once i have started. Last week was a strange one, and although it had many good points, i had another outbreak of the dreaded hives. I am beginning to think that it may be a reaction to red wine, and yet I can go weeks without any reaction while continuing to imbibe. Last week's was a strange attack; very quick to appear and quite short lived, though while it lasted it was pretty awful. I reckon that each attack is worse in it's intensity than the last one and for a 24 hour period i felt dreadful. It is not just the welts that cover my skin and itch like crazy, though that is pretty annoying, it is that inside i feel really, indescribably unwell. This attack was also accompanied by a dizzy attack which meant that I could neither stand or see, and so, i took to my bed, a swollen mess that felt very sorry for itself. The next morning it was more or less gone, and life was restored. I did have a glass of red wine the following evening and detected slight prickling and itching of the skin, so maybe I'll give it a miss for a while and then maybe have a binge at some time and see what happens.
I haven't had any comments from my reader for a while. I do hope that a. he/she is ok. b. that i am not being a bore. and c. that I have not altogether lost touch with reality. I do enjoy some feedback from time to time, it is a sort of affirmation of my existence. I seem to lack much of that some days.
Retirement, especially premature retirement has it's dull times and i guess that I am going through one of them, in which I can see little point to my days and nothing to moan or complain about. As a result I look outside of my life for inspiration, and that too seems lacking at the moment. Oh well - tomorrow is another day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog every day :) Ok, I rarely leave comment but it doesn't mean that I don't like what you write:)
I hope you feel better:) I think your readers are outside. Spring is here:)

Anonymous said...

PS.: It is me, Lilly:)))

Paul said...

Thankyou Lilly - i always appreciate your comments
:-)