Saturday 12 May 2007

Excuses

This morning's story was about an elderly Austrian, who, was stopped by the police after driving seven kilometres on the wrong side of a motorway. When stopped he told the police that he was looking for a brothel and got lost in the rain. At least it sounds like a good excuse and one would hope that he went on and found what he was looking for, after all there comes a time in life when there is little time or opportunity left to do the things that you always wanted to.

The championship has been settled and so the remaining matches of the season are more or less irrelevant as far as my team is concerned, though there is still the cup final to look forward to.

I have some DIY to do in the kitchen and in the living room I guess, so I can get on with those jobs today, or if the rain holds off i can mooch in the garden, and maybe later on I'll go and see my old lady friend as I haven't seen her this week. She really is a gem and I feel bad if I don't get to visit at least once in the week.

It's saturday and after an uneventful friday night, when it rained pretty heavily again, today looks like being much the same. I suppose I can be creative in finding excuses for not completing the assignments, but losing my way to brothel while caught in the rain, won't cut the mustard I think.

Enjoy your weekend, I am sure that you will.

No comments: