Monday 21 May 2007

Open wide

An eventful morning, for me that is. I have been into college and at last have finished the Maya work. Not only that, but I managed to create a quicktime movie from it and then imported it into Director and then burned the CDRom so that is that done and dusted. Today is , of course, the deadline day so it's just as well really. I'll go back later and slip my work in at the bottom of the pile and hope that teacher doesn't notice that I am the last. (fat chance!)

Then I went to the dentist, from which I have just returned. This was a scale and polish job and i have to say it was far more uncomfortable than a filling. It felt like my gums were being sandpapered with a rotary disc and that the enamel was being stripped with an angle grinder. i suppose it is necessary but it does beg the question why? My dentist is a tiny Polish lady and she has to stand on a box to reach high enough to get to my mouth. She has bright red hair and no smile but I am sure that she is very good at what she does. However my gums still hurt and I am sure that my teeth weigh less than they did.

The pain will subside eventually and no doubt I'll have forgotten all about it by the time I have had a cup of coffee and a sandwich. I wonder why it is though, that the smallest women always manage to inflict the most pain?

No comments: