Wednesday 2 May 2007

How stupid can people be?

I have just stopped laughing at a story about a scam in Japan. Well maybe laughing is an exaggeration. I don't laugh much but I can manage a pretty heavy smirk from time to time.

The scam goes like this. Apparently, poodles are fashionable in Nippon society, and what every wealthy Japanese woman wants is one of those stupid dogs with equally stupid haircuts. Being fashionable, of course, they are much in demand and fetch high prices. Now that in itself is not particularly amusing, but the guy who is importing lambs and shearing them with poodle hairstyles is. How stupid can people be? - A rhetorical question of course but surely lambs not opnly look different to dogs but they smell differently and make very different sounds. Good grief they even crap differently! The article suggested that a woman became suspicious when her pet refused to eat dogfood. I wonder if she tried to get it to sit, or fetch a stick? Imagine trying to take one for walkies or getting one to befriend a neighbour's German Shepherd?

I guess that I have been stupid many times (recently) but I hope that I am never lacking the ability to distinguish between species.

No comments: